Join us for a garden day together! We will start out in the amazing AVON GARDENS AND GARDEN CENTER. Then we will congregate at MAYBERRY CAFE for a yummy meal together, and close out the day at John Chapin’s beautiful TREE FROG GARDENS. We looking forward to seeing you there! Have questions? Contact us here.
3:00 pm / Avon Gardens for their Spring-Palooza Peony Festival!
6259 E. County Rd. 91 N. / Avon, Indiana 46123
4:30 pm / Mayberry Cafe / Danville
78 W Main St, Danville, IN 46122
6:15 pm / Tree Frog Garden Tour
3160 South 125 West / Danville Indiana 46122
(RSVP Required for Tree Frog Garden Tour) Please RSVP here by May 15 … LINK )
ABOUT TREE FROG GARDENS:
John Chapin owner of Tree Frog Gardens welcomes Indianapolis Rose Society (members only) to his beautiful home garden and two-acre nursery. Don’t miss this great opportunity!
John’s nursery specializes in hard to find perennials, shrubs, conifers and flowering trees. Most shrubs are new to the market, rare and or unusual varieties. This season there are over 40 new perennials.
Available for ordering or same day purchase to take home with you:
$10 / $15 shrubs (Most plants are one gallon.)
FROM JOHN ABOUT HIS GARDEN AND NURSERY…
Tree Frog Gardens Plant Pricing: If any gardener has checked out plants at garden centers or big box stores this spring, you’ve probably been shocked at the prices! With all the issues of supply chains, shipping costs, labor shortages, fuel expenses, and of course the resultant inflation, it’s disheartening to see how much prices have increased. (I personally believe that some businesses are taking advantage of expected increases as well as high consumer demand to really sock it to gardeners.)
With very few exceptions, I’m keeping my prices the same as last year. This means that almost all perennials are priced at $10@ and shrubs at $15@. I can do this, for now, because:
1. I grow most of my plants by ordering direct from the wholesale growers, just like the landscaping nurseries and most garden centers do. This eliminates the middle-man and their markup. These young plants will take a year of growth to become more substantial, but I charge a fraction of what they will be worth after one season’s growth. (Example: One of my $15 blooming shrub varieties will grow in one year to a size that would cost three, even four times this amount if bought at a garden center.)
2. I propagate many of my plants from established “mother plants” or plantings that I grow in my gardens. This is a good value since they are divisions of mature plants, not young starts.
3. Some of my offerings are plants I save from renovated or updated landscaping jobs I do that would otherwise be trashed. They are perfectly fine, healthy plants, worth much more than what I have priced them, at great savings to you!
4. I don’t have the overhead and payroll that garden centers and nurseries have to pay since I grow on my rural property and sell at three seasonal sales each year.
5. I accept cash, checks, or bank transfers such as Zelle to avoid the charge card fee of almost 3% per transaction. (This adds up!)
My mission is to get great plants into the hands of gardeners, both novice and experienced. I am constantly checking out new plant introductions that often are unusual and/or hard-to-find for a few years, but are worthy additions to my and others’ gardens.
Check out our plant inventory at https://www.treefroggardens.co/plant-sale.
FIND JOHN ONLINE:
MEMBERSHIP: JOIN OR RENEW TODAY!
Membership is open to anyone interested in roses.
⭐️ Once you are a member… you will receive regular updates that include…
- 🌹Society news
- 🌹Upcoming programs
- 🌹Invitations to private garden tours
- 🌹Access to past recorded programs via our “Members Only” Section
- 🌹4-month free trial to American Rose Society
- 🌹How to purchase our fertilizer
- 🌹Discounts on roses through our annual rose sale
- 🌹Automatic inclusion in the IL IN Rose District events
- 🌹And, you will learn ways you can jump in and get involved!
Membership Fee: $20
ANNUAL ROSE SALE
The Indianapolis Rose Society 2023 annual rose sale is on! As in the past, the roses will be available on a FIRST COME / FIRST SERVE basis. We all know how difficult it was to find roses last year, so don’t delay! ROSES ON THIS LIST ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AS WE SELL THE ROSES!
TO FIND OUT WHAT IS STILL AVAILABLE… Contact us here.
David Austin: $38
All Other Roses: $30
David Austin: $43
All Other Roses: $35
Leave a Reply