Our society is not only shouting TGIF — Thank God it’s Friday today, but also TGRB –Thank God Roses Are Blooming! We have been waiting and waiting and waiting. First through the cold, dark winter and most recently through the sometimes frosty and often rainy spring! But, here they come from our member’s gardens…
To see these in person and so many more… hundreds more, join us at Rosefest…
June 11 / 9:30 am – 5 pm
Hamilton County Fairgrounds
2003 Pleasant Street / Noblesville, IN
$10 EVENT TICKETS AVAILABLECONTACT: Monica Taylor at IndyMonica@gmail.com or 317.514.7284
Schedule for the day…
- Tea in the HCMGA Rose Garden: 9:30 -11:30 am (Free)
- Sponsored by the Hamilton Country Master Gardener Association.
- Rose Display in Exhibition Center opens at 10:30 am (Free)
- Public is invited to judge the rose displays.
- Lectures 12:30 – 4 pm ($10) (Tickets required)
- $10 ticket – entrance to all three lectures! Limited seating for lectures. (Tickets will go fast… let us know if you want them, here or contact Monica @ IndyMonica@gmail.com.
- Rose display winners announced at 4 pm.
Take a look at this rose dream team…
Peggy Martin of New Orleans, LA
12:30 – 1:30 pm | Program: Old Garden Roses
Peggy is the VP of the Heritage Rose Foundation and owner of the original Peggy Martin Rose, the rose that survived Hurricane Katrina.
Carol Tumbas of Bloomington, IN
1:45 – 2:45 pm | Program: Hardy, Sustainable Shrub Roses
Carol is the former President of the Indianapolis Rose Society, a well respected rosarian and grower of more than 500 roses.
Gaye Hammond of Houston, TX
3 – 4 pm | Program: Earth-Kind Roses
Gaye is a noted expert of the Texas A & M Earth-Kind Program and lectures nationwide about growing roses in no spray conditions.
- Roses and rose products will be available for purchase.
- Roses and rose arrangements from member’s garden will be on display.
- The public is invited to judge displays.
- There will be educational resources on roses and rose culture.
Link for other details…